Croydon Car Accident Lawyer
INJURED IN A CRASH? OUR CROYDON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY CAN HELP.
Car crashes abound in Pennsylvania, often leaving victims with major property damage and devastating injuries such as spinal cord or brain injuries that may lead to lifelong care or even death. Survivors may be hit with huge medical, rehabilitation, and repair bills that keep mounting at a time when they may be in pain and unable to work.
If you or a loved one was injured or someone has died in a car crash that was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses through insurance or a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. However, Pennsylvania laws are complicated, and insurance companies have high-powered lawyers on their side and use tactics to try to get you to settle for less than your case is worth. Making mistakes can be costly, so this is not something you should fight on your own.
CAR ACCIDENT CASES ARE ALL ABOUT CLAIMING WHAT YOU ARE OWED.
At this difficult time, it makes sense to have a lawyer on your side who can provide guidance, deal with insurance companies and the intricacies of Pennsylvania law, and fight for the settlement you deserve. At Wapner Newman, our Croydon, PA, car accident attorneys are here to take the burden off of you and to fight for the compensation you deserve. Our track record shows that we are a serious law firm with a reputation for getting major results, including a $2.3 million settlement in a Philadelphia fatal three-car accident case. Let us put our extensive resources to work for you.
WE OFFER A FREE CONSULTATION TO DISCUSS THE FACTS OF YOUR SITUATION, ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, AND SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN HELP. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT COSTS—YOU PAY NOTHING UNLESS AND UNTIL WE WIN A SETTLEMENT FOR YOU. OUR ATTORNEYS SERVE CLIENTS THROUGHOUT PENNSYLVANIA AND NEW JERSEY. CALL US TODAY TO GET STARTED AT (215) 569-0900.
How Our Car Accident Lawyers in Croydon Work for You
Why Choose Us?
Even if you think your injuries are minor, you should consult an experienced Croydon car accident attorney as soon as possible. There are time limits for filing a lawsuit, and it’s important to get started while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found.
There are many lawyers out there, and you should do some research before choosing one to see how they will work for you. Our success record at Wapner Newman speaks for itself. When you have our Croydon car accident lawyers on your side, we will:
- Meet with you to discuss how the accident happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and determine what type of settlement to fight for.
- Ensure you get proper medical care and that everything is documented.
- Investigate your case by gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses, police officers, and first responders.
- File all paperwork in accordance with deadlines and court requirements.
- Hire experts to reconstruct the crash scene and experts to testify as to your costs and how your injuries negatively impact your life into the future.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and their attorneys for a fair settlement.
- Build your case and take it to trial if necessary.
Our Croydon car accident lawyers have earned recognition as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and have been on the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 100 Lawyers list. To earn a place among the most recognized lawyers, our team has garnered multiple wins, including achieving settlements like:
- $2.3 million: We helped the family of a woman who lost her life in a three-vehicle car accident get- compensation of $2.3 million.
- $1.75 million:We helped an elderly couple get compensation of $1.75 million after a negligent driver caused them severe injuries.
- $1.24 million: We helped the victim of an auto-truck accident get the compensation they deserved after reaching a settlement of $1.24 million.
OUR CROYDON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS ARE ACCESSIBLE. REST ASSURED THAT WE WILL BE THERE FOR YOU THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PROCESS, ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS AND ADDRESSING YOUR CONCERNS.
Damage Awards Our Car Accident Lawyers in Croydon May Win
The amount you can expect to receive from a car crash settlement varies greatly, depending on the factors involved, such as how the accident happened, the number of victims involved, whether you will be able to return to work and earn a living, and the extent and permanence of your injuries. A minor injury (such as whiplash) can often amount to a settlement of $10,000 to $25,000. More severe injuries, such as brain injuries that require surgery and have lifetime consequences, may bring multimillion-dollar settlements.
The skill and negotiating power of your attorneys are also factors. In a successful car accident lawsuit, our Croydon car accident lawyers may win a damage award that covers the following:
Economic damages for your monetary losses and costs, such as:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses and costs of continuing care
- Lost wages and future earning potential
- Property damage.
Non-economic damages for restitution for damages that do not have a specific dollar value but negatively impact your life, such as:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life and consortium.
Punitive damages. In some rare cases where there was gross or willful negligence, you may also be awarded punitive damages. These are meant to punish a defendant who acted in a willful, malicious way and with a wanton disregard for others’ safety.
Factors That Will Determine Your Compensation
Not all car accidents will demand the same amount of compensation. While small injuries like whiplash might attract compensation of $10,000 to $25,000, more severe injuries tend to attract higher compensation. The amount you can expect as compensation will depend on a few factors, including:
- Medical expenses: Your compensation must help you handle any medical expenses you’ve paid for so far.
- Future medical expenses:The compensation amount must cater to any future medical expenses you’ll incur moving forward.
- Property damage: Any damage to your vehicle or property must be compensated.
- Lost earnings: If you struggled to work or couldn’t work at all due to the accident, you must be compensated for your lost wages.
- Lost future earnings: If the accident makes it tough to work in the same job or work at all, you must be compensated for the amount you could have earned in the future had the accident not happened.
Our Croydon Car Accident Attorney Must Prove Negligence
To win your case, our attorneys must show that another party’s negligence or fault caused your injuries. This means legally proving the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant owed you a duty to take reasonable care not to cause you harm.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty and failed to exercise this care.
- Cause: The breach of duty caused your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages as a result.
Determining fault is a complex legal process and can be difficult because of issues like bad weather, road construction, another car accident, vehicle malfunctions, or distracted, drunk, or aggressive driving. In some cases, there may be multiple at-fault parties in addition to the other driver, such as the owner of a trucking company if you were hit by a truck(for assistance, consult a Philadelphia truck accident lawyer), the manufacturer of a faulty auto part that failed, a mechanic who did bad repairs on your brakes, or a road repair company that left debris on the road. Our Croydon car accident attorneys would look to hold all negligent parties accountable, as they all may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement.
CALL US TODAY AT (215) 569-0900.
What to Do After the Accident
Make sure that you and your passengers are okay before doing anything else. Check if anyone has major injuries that require immediate medical attention.
Even if no one has any injuries, it is still important that you visit a medical professional to have your body checked. While you might feel fine, there might be injuries that are hard to notice at first, such as internal bleeding.
Once you’re sure that you’re at least fine enough to walk around, do the following:
- Ensure everyone’s safety: Place hazard signs both in front and at the back of the accident scene. Ensure that everyone is away from oncoming traffic.
- Record everything: Take pictures of the accident and any injuries you might have experienced. Take down the information of all parties involved in the accident, from the insurance details of the other driver(s) to the contact details of all victims.
- Avoid admitting fault: Avoid phrases that signify that you were at fault. Phrases like “I’m sorry” and “I didn’t see you there” could be used against you in court.
- Document your medical process: Keep a clean record of all medical expenses and procedures you undergo post-accident. Also, keep a journal of your recovery to ensure you can give a detailed account of how the accident affected your life.
- Contact Croydon car accident lawyers: We’ll help you understand your situation, the kind of compensation you can get, and how to maximize your compensation.
“I didn’t know how my medical bills or my property damage would be paid. Fortunately, I hired Wapner & Newman to represent me. They took care of everything so that all I had to do was get the medical treatment I needed. All of my claims were settled quickly and fairly. I even received compensation for my pain and suffering.”– Robert R.
Car Accident Attorneys in Croydon Answer Frequently Asked Questions
After a car accident, you are bound to have questions and concerns. The best place to get answers is at your free consultation, but to get you started, here are answers to some questions our lawyers are often asked:
Should I Speak to the Insurance Company?
Insurance companies are out for profit and concerned with their bottom line, not your well-being. They have high-powered lawyers on their side and use tactics, such as trying to get you to accept the lowest amount possible or asking leading questions to try to get you to admit that the accident was somehow your fault. It’s best to say nothing to the insurance company and tell them to speak to your attorney instead. Our Wapner Newman lawyers know how to negotiate and deal with insurance companies that often make better offers when they know you have an attorney willing to take your case to trial.
Are There Time Limits for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit?
According to Pennsylvania statutes (Title 42, Section 5524), the statute of limitations or deadline for filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit is generally two years from the accident. If you miss the deadline, chances are the courts will refuse to hear your case. In addition, the sooner you call our attorneys after your injury, the better because it takes time to investigate and build your case.
How Do Car Insurance Laws Come into Play?
Pennsylvania drivers can choose between “full tort” and no-fault “limited tort” coverage. For limited tort, your own insurance company should pay for all reasonable and appropriate forms of medical care, property damages, and lost wages up to the limits of your policy. However, you are prohibited from suing unless the accident resulted in “serious injury”—one that results in death, serious impairment of the body, or permanent serious disfigurement.
If your injury is considered serious (such as a brain injury) or if you have “full tort” coverage, you have the option of suing the driver whose negligence caused the accident. If you win a lawsuit, you can recover both economic damages and non-economic damages.
What if I Did Something to Contribute to the Accident?
Pennsylvania is a “comparative negligence” state, so you can still receive partial damages as long as you are not more than 50 percent at fault. The amount you receive will be reduced by the percentage you are at fault. For example, if you were 10 percent at fault for the accident, and the settlement is $100,000, you could receive $90,000.
Pennsylvania has a Fair Share Act that limits the ability of the injured party to recover damages in full from defendants who are partially at fault, particularly in cases where there are multiple defendants. Plaintiffs can recover damages in full from defendants who are at least 60 percent responsible for a car accident, but those less than 60 percent responsible can be held liable only for their actual share of the total damages.
We know that you have more questions, and our Croydon car accident attorneys are fully prepared to answer them. Give us a call today at (215) 569-0900.
Experienced Croydon Car Accident Attorneys–Protecting Your Rights
If you or a family member has suffered an injury from a car crash, don’t wait to get help. The skilled and experienced Croydon car accident attorneys at Wapner Newman are committed to giving your case individual attention. Our personal injury lawyers can provide you with dependable guidance, a listening ear, and strong legal strategies. Through the years, we have helped hundreds of clients deal with accident costs and secure the compensation they are entitled to through our thorough and creative investigative legal solutions.
CONTACT A CROYDON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY AT WAPNER NEWMAN TODAY. SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED LAWYERS AT (215) 569-0900. WE HELP CLIENTS IN PENNSYLVANIA AND NEW JERSEY.