Philadelphia Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy Lawyer
Get the Compensation you Deserve with a Philadelphia Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy Lawyer
During childbirth, doctors must protect babies to ensure they’re healthy and minimize complications. But unfortunately, mistakes can happen even in the best facilities, and a baby may experience problems like hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.
This devastating injury impacts their development and can even threaten their lives in many situations. As a result, you may need a Philadelphia hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy lawyer that can prepare a complex lawsuit against the doctors who injured your child.
At Wapner Newman in Philadelphia, our birth injury attorneys fight to provide the high-quality care that our clients deserve and will do what we can to help you. We believe that doctors committing malpractice should be punished and parents compensated.
What Is Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy?
Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE) is a brain injury that occurs when the brain doesn’t get enough oxygen or blood flow. It is typically related to birth, though it may happen when an individual’s heart stops beating for too long before resuscitation.
Most cases involve newborns that are not delivered quickly enough or that aren’t handled properly during the delivery process. Some children experience no long-term issues related to this condition.
Unfortunately, they are in the minority, as most children develop moderate to severe symptoms that can linger throughout their life.
Just a few issues your child might experience when developing HIE include:
- Decreased level of alertness and more sluggish behavior
- Abnormal movement and potential seizures
- Poor reflexes that impact development
- Developmental delay that affects maturation
- Cognitive impairment that limits growth
- Cerebral palsy that affects balance
- Epilepsy or a severe seizure disorder
- Breathing problems that make it hard to stay oxygenated
- Low muscle tone that impacts strength.
If your baby has developed any of these symptoms and you believe your doctor is to blame, contacting Wapner Newman in Philadelphia is essential to get the help you deserve.
Contact us at 215-569-0900 to learn more about your compensation options and to gauge your case’s chances of success.
What Causes This Condition?
HIE is caused by low blood flow to the brain during birth due to various complications. Some of these issues might be outside of the doctor’s control.
However, many more will occur due to inappropriate actions or poor birth management:
- The umbilical cord wrapping around the baby’s neck and cutting off oxygen flow
- Not diagnosing low oxygen flow or performing an emergency delivery to speed up the process
- Improperly handling the baby and minimizing their oxygen flow during critical moments of the birth
- Ignoring a mother’s low blood pressure during birth and its potential effect on the child
- Failure to manage uterus rupture during delivery, causing blood loss in the mother and child
- Providing inadequate emergency oxygen for a baby during a difficult delivery
- Missing bleeding problems during the delivery or inadequately treating them
- Ignoring warning signs of poor oxygen flow or inadequately managing them as they occur.
Working with a Philadelphia hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy lawyer you can trust is critical. At Wapner Newman, we provide the high-quality legal support and case management you need and will fight for your rights.
In this way, you can get the compensation you want and deserve and support your child through recovery.
How We Can Help You
Medical malpractice is a challenging case type and is often very hard for many parents to handle. As a result, working with us at the Wapner Newman law firm is vital to get the results you need.
Our team of professionals is here to help you by taking care of your case on every level. We’ll do whatever we can to improve your chances of winning.
- Prepare your case by collecting evidence about the injury
- Talk with independent doctors to assess what caused the damage
- File your paperwork for you to ensure that it’s legally documented
- Present your case in court and argue your points
- Arrange settlements if possible and continually fight for better results
- Support you emotionally during this period, as needed
- Set up appeals if the court somehow denies your case.
With our help, you increase your chances of getting compensation for your child’s injury. We not only help prepare your case but can help maximize your potential compensation package, including payments for:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy costs
- Emotional suffering
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages.
This compensation is designed to help cover the expenses that result from your child’s injuries. Working with an HIE lawyer you can trust can improve your chances of winning in these cases.
Please call us at 215-569-0900 to learn more about how we can help you in your case.
Why Choose Us?
While there are other HIE attorneys on the market, we provide benefits that others do not, such as:
- Years of experience in difficult health-related cases
- Highly trained attorneys who care about you
- Superlative rankings from various independent legal groups
- An emotional support team that will keep you strong.
All these benefits make us an excellent option for your HIE lawsuit. We’ll do whatever we can to ensure that you get the best experience possible.
FAQ About Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy
Is there a Statute of Limitations?
Even though these injuries are very severe, Pennsylvania law sets a strict two-year statute of limitations on injuries.
Does My Case Qualify?
In most situations, severe surgical errors during birth are eligible for lawsuits. Likewise, brain damage and other health problems are almost always caused by malpractice or physician error.
Will You Provide Emotional Support?
We know that cases affecting newborns can be emotionally devastating. Most of us here are parents, and we will do what we can to support you emotionally during this time.
Is Success Guaranteed in My Case?
No lawyer can guarantee success in every case, and you should steer clear of any team that makes promises they can’t keep. At Wapner Newman, we’ll fight as hard as possible to maximize your case’s chances of success.
Your First Step to Compensation Is Just a Phone Call Away
If you need HIE attorneys to help in this tragic and emotionally challenging case, please reach out to us today at Wapner Newman. We can be the hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy attorney your case needs to succeed.
Reach out to us at 215-569-0900 to set up your free consultation.