Philadelphia Lyft Accident Lawyer
Rely on Our Philadelphia Lyft Accident Lawyers to Represent You
Countless people rely on rideshare apps, including Lyft, to get them from place to place every day. When you hire a professional driver from Lyft or other rideshare providers, you expect them to drive safely. However, that does not always happen.
At Wapner Newman, our experienced Lyft accident lawyers in Philadelphia can represent you if you have suffered an accident involving a rideshare driver. Reach out to us today to find out how we can help you. Our Lyft accident lawyers in Philadelphia may be able to recover compensation on your behalf.
Since a Lyft accident can be more complex than other car accidents, it’s best to work with our experienced team. Our rideshare accident lawyers at Wapner Newman currently represent the family of a pedestrian in a delivery driver accident. In this case, not only the driver is responsible, but we argue that the companies for which the driver worked are, too. Our client was killed in the hit-and-run accident as she walked home after work.
Learn more about the case in this local news report.
If you were hurt in an accident involving a Lyft driver, call us today to schedule a free case consultation at (215) 569-0900.
What Should You Do After a Lyft Accident?
There are plenty of ways you might be involved in a Lyft accident. A few examples are:
- You might have been a passenger in the vehicle when your driver got involved in an accident.
- You might have been driving your own motor vehicle when you were struck by a Lyft driver.
- You might have been a pedestrian crossing the street when a Lyft driver struck you.
Regardless of how it happened, there are several important steps you should take. Some of these steps may help in a future legal claim against Lyft.
- Call 911: Call 911 as soon as possible. You need to ask the authorities to come to the scene of the accident so they can develop an official police report. You will be able to ask for a copy of this report to help your case. If there is no paper trail of the accident, it will be much more difficult to proceed with a claim.
- Take pictures: Any documentation you can add from the scene of the accident could be helpful to your case. If you or another person at the scene is able to take photos, do so.
- Get names of witnesses. Our attorneys may want to talk to others who were present at the Lyft accident to learn more details about what happened.
- Talk to the police officers: You should be honest with the police officers when you answer their questions, but do not say anything about your having any degree of fault in the accident. That can be determined later. You don’t want to give insurers opportunity to assign partial fault to you.
- Seek medical care: You might feel fine after the accident, but you should still see a doctor. Sometimes the symptoms of an injury aren’t felt immediately after the accident. This may be particularly true with head injuries or internal organ injuries. Because you may have serious injuries you aren’t aware of, it’s best to be sure you get the medical care you may need. It is also essential to have medical records to document the injuries you suffered.
- Talk to a lawyer: Finally, you need to talk to a lawyer to see if there is any further action you should take. If the Lyft accident was not your fault, you need a professional to advocate for you.
At Wapner Newman, our Philadelphia car accident lawyer have handled many car accident cases and understand what information is needed to prove liability in a Lyft accident. Rideshare accidents are unique because not only may the driver be responsible, the company may be, too. When you work with our attorneys, you can count on our experience with rideshare accident cases. Call us for help today so we can get started on your case.
Why Choose Us to Represent You?
At Wapner Newman, we understand that you have options if you are looking for a Philadelphia Lyft accident attorney to represent you, and we appreciate your considering us.
These are a few of the reasons why you should work with our team:
- Experience: We have an unparalleled level of experience in this field. Rideshare accidents are not the same as routine motor vehicle accidents, and you need a lawyer who has experience navigating the complicated legal framework.
- Past results: We have a long track record of success and invite you to take a look at our previous case results. We believe that this history of winning speaks for itself.
- Client testimonials. Sometimes, it’s best to learn how we serve our clients from their own words. See what others we have represented have to say about our team.
- Legal resources: Because we have been in this field for so long, we have many trusted expert witnesses we rely upon. They can reconstruct the accident, review your medical records, and provide any other detailed analysis necessary to prove responsibility.
- Communication: We understand that the legal system can be complicated, and you need to work with someone who can clearly explain it to you. Count on our team at Wapner Newman to communicate openly and to be available to answer your questions at any time.
Your future is at stake. When you have a complex Lyft accident case, make the best possible choice for your legal representation. Call on our team at Wapner Newman.
How Our Lyft Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you decide to partner with the legal team at Wapner Newman, there are plenty of ways we can assist you:
- We will conduct interviews: We can talk to witnesses who may have seen what happened and determine whether information they provide can support your claim.
- We handle communications with insurers: There is a good chance that an insurance company is going to reach out to you to offer a settlement. To protect the interests of the company, they want that amount to be as low as possible. This is why it’s essential to have our attorney who is skilled with Lyft accident cases handle these communications; we can negotiate on your behalf to get a fair settlement offer.
- We are skilled litigators: If the settlement offer is too low, we may advise you to take your case to court. When you file a lawsuit involving Lyft, you can be sure attorneys representing both the company and the insurer will fight to win. We take on only cases we are confident we can win, so you can rely on our exceptional litigators to fiercely represent your interests in a trial.
- We rely on experts to strengthen your case: We can call upon our network of expert witnesses to recreate the accident to show everyone exactly what happened. This could make a significant difference in your ability to recover compensation.
We Fight for Maximum Compensation in Lyft Accidents
Our attorneys can pursue a variety of damages on your behalf. In a legal case, “damages” are the amounts that cover your losses. Our team of Lyft accident lawyers will calculate the medical costs you have for treatment not only right after your accident, but also for any hospital stays, future medical treatment, physical therapy, and similar services. Any income you lose because your injuries prevent you from working are also calculated into the total damages we’ll pursue. In addition, we’ll determine future lost earnings.
Damages can also include amounts that reflect pain and suffering, mental anguish and emotional distress.
You can rely on our experience. We understand all the types of damages that you may be able to recover in a settlement and will negotiate zealously on your behalf. We will also be prepared to take your case to court if that is the best route to get the full compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lyft Accidents
Here are a few examples of common questions that people ask us after being involved in a Lyft accident.
Why Do I Need to Hire a Lawyer to Negotiate with an Insurance Company?
Even though an insurance company may offer to cover some of your damages, you need to make sure that you get full and fair compensation from the insurance company. The company has profit as it’s central concern, so representatives will want to keep your settlement as low as possible.
How Much Money Can You Recover for Me If I File a Lawsuit?
While we have won millions for clients injured in accidents, each case is unique. There are many circumstances that affect the amount we will pursue in your case. The severity of your injuries will be part of the calculation. Not only can we seek compensation for damages that can be easily calculated, like medical bills or lost income, we can also fight for damages related to your mental anguish and pain and suffering.
Do I Have to Take My Lyft Accident Case to Trial?
You do not have to take your case to court. In fact, many Lyft accident cases can be settled without ever seeing the inside of a courtroom. We will recommend taking the case to trial if we feel you are not being offered a fair settlement, but ultimately the decision is up to you.
Could My Driving Affect My Compensation in the Lyft Accident?
In Pennsylvania, it is possible that both you and the Lyft driver could have responsibility for the accident. This is a “comparative negligence” state, which means that your damages award will be reduced by the percentage of responsibility you bear for the accident. (31 Pa. Code § 146.9). If you are found 20% at fault, then the amount you receive would be reduced by 20%.
Our Lyft accident lawyers at Wapner Newman are prepared to answer any questions you may have about your case. We know this can be a stressful, confusing time for you and will be sure you are never left in the dark about what is happening or what comes next.
Common Causes of Accidents Involving Lyft Drivers
Some of the most common causes of Lyft accidents are:
- The driver was intoxicated when he or she got behind the wheel of the car.
- The driver tried to drive too many hours in an effort to make some extra money, and he or she fell asleep behind the wheel.
- The vehicle was not properly maintained.
- The driver did not have adequate training to operate a motor vehicle with other people in the car.
- The driver was distracted by his or her cell phone, the radio, a beverage, or the other people in the car.
- The driver did not respond properly to road conditions caused by bad weather.
The circumstances of a Lyft accident can be very complex, so it’s essential to work with lawyers who understand how to determine which parties are responsible for your injuries. Our attorneys will fully investigate the details of your accident to ensure your case is strong. We always pursue the maximum compensation possible in rideshare accidents.
Call Wapner Newman and Work with Our Experienced Philadelphia Lyft Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a serious accident involving a Lyft driver, who you hire for legal representation is an important decision. You’ll need a skilled and experienced attorney who not only knows how to handle a complex car accident case, but one who understands the nuances of a Lyft accident and can determine whether the company is liable for the accident, in addition to the driver.
Give us a call to schedule your free case consultation. At Wapner Newman, we always put the needs of our clients first, and we will do the same for you.
Contact us today at (215) 569-0900 to speak with our team about your Lyft accident.