Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer
Do You Need an Uber Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia?
Rideshare apps are a great option when you don’t have a car or when you need a safe way to get home after a night on the town. When you are unable to drive home, you expect an Uber driver to get you there safely. Sadly, Uber accidents can happen, and if you’ve been in one, our experienced attorney is here to help.
At Wapner Newman, our Philadelphia Uber accident attorney has the skill and experience to give you strong representation in your case. We’ve handled complex accident cases many times before. Your case may involve not only the Uber driver, but the company as well. Count on our Uber accident lawyer to hold responsible all parties who caused your injuries. Let our team handle all the legal work so that you and your family can focus on your recovery.
HOW RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS ARE DIFFERENT
An accident with an Uber is often more complex than other car accidents. There can be multiple parties at fault; and if the company can be held liable, you can count on a fierce fight with Uber’s attorneys. That’s why you need our experienced team on your side. Wapner Newman currently represents the family of a pedestrian in a delivery driver accident. She was killed in the hit-and-run accident as she walked home after work. Not only is the driver responsible in this tragic accident, but the company is too.
Learn more about the case in this local news report.
It takes detailed knowledge of Pennsylvania’s laws to bring a company like Uber to justice. If we find both the driver and the company are responsible for your injuries, we will zealously pursue justice for you. We have an excellent history of taking on large companies and know the types of tactics they use.
Learn how a Philadelphia Uber accident lawyer on our team can help you. Make sure your rights are protected. Call us today at (215) 569-0900 to get your free consultation.
Why You Should Choose Us
OUR UBER ACCIDENT LAWYERS ARE UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP YOU
We know that you might be considering many law firms to represent you after your accident with an Uber driver. Maybe you were a passenger in the car, or perhaps an Uber driver struck you. Regardless, you should count on Wapner Newman to represent you. What law firm you choose could be the difference between a small and a large settlement.
Here are some reasons why you should work with us:
- Previous Case Results: We are completely transparent when it comes to our previous case results. We are proud of our winning record and feel confident it shows that we are successful with accident cases. Take a look to see how many millions we’ve won for past clients.
- Client Testimonials: We are also glad to share our client testimonials. We invite you to take a look at our client reviews and ratings. See what others have to say about the quality of the service that we provide.
- Compassion: We understand that being in an accident with an Uber driver can change your life in an instant, especially if you suffered serious injuries. We know it also impacts your loved ones. We know you not only face dealing with your injuries but also possible financial stressors. Our compassionate attorneys will always treat you with the consideration, respect and understanding you and your family deserve.
- Experience: We understand what it takes to win an Uber accident case. There are many complexities when both the Uber driver and the company may be found liable for your injuries. Our attorneys know what strategies to use to win an Uber accident case.
- Legal Knowledge: We have extensive legal knowledge in this area because we specialize in these types of accidents. Proving negligence is central to an Uber accident case and our detailed knowledge of Pennsylvania laws works to your benefit. You don’t want just any lawyer — you want one who can prove negligence and win the full compensation you deserve.
- Experts in Our Network: As one of the most trusted legal teams in the local area, we have a highly skilled network of experts to support your case. We rely upon the strongest expertise in Pennsylvania to help us build your case against Uber. We can use accident reconstruction experts, medical experts and any other witnesses who can help us prove who is responsible for your injuries and how their negligent actions contributed to them.
We are confident that our Uber accident lawyers are the best option you have for legal representation. Find out why. Call us today at (215) 569-0900 to speak to our attorneys. We take on only cases we are confident we can win, and we get paid only if we win.
What You Need to Do After an Uber Accident
When you’re involved in an accident with an Uber driver, there are many important steps to take to help your legal case. However, due to your injuries, you may not be thinking about a future legal claim. Here are some tips from our Uber accident lawyer.
- Dial 911: This is essential, not only to get the help and medical care you need, but also because authorities will draft a report of the accident. Our attorneys will need that report to support any personal injury claim that you want to make against the Uber driver and, perhaps, the company. No matter how minor you think the accident might have been, you should call the police.
- Take pictures: All proof of what happened in the accident can be important to your case. If it’s possible for you, your passengers, or even other witnesses to take pictures at the scene, be sure to get them. They may be important evidence that affects how much compensation you can win.
- Get names of witnesses. Our attorneys may want to talk to others who were present at the Uber accident to learn more details about what happened.
- See a doctor: You also need to make sure that you see a doctor following the accident. Adrenaline can mask some serious injuries, and you do not want anything to be overlooked. Your health and safety must come first. Medical records will be central to your case, so it is essential that you have full documentation of your injuries.
- Contact a Philadelphia Uber accident attorney: Finally, you should schedule a consultation with an Uber accident attorney who can review your case and see if you are deserving of compensation. The more experienced your attorney, the better your chances of winning.
Do not assume fault for the accident in any way. Avoid apologizing for your driving or any other actions you took, and certainly do not say you played a role in the accident. While it may later come out that you did have some degree of fault in the accident with an Uber, that determination should be made only after full review of the facts of the accident and the assessment of our experts and attorneys.
Damages We Can Recover Following an Uber Accident
The losses you incur as a result of your Uber accident are called “damages.” There are different types of damages in an injury case. “Economic damages” cover losses that are easy to calculate, like medical bills, repair costs or lost wages. “Non-economic damages” include emotional distress that you experienced as a result of your Uber accident. They also include pain and suffering. In some cases, you can pursue punitive damages if the actions of those who caused your injuries were particularly egregious.
Here are some of the damages we may recover in your Uber accident claim:
- Property Damage: If you have suffered property damage as a result of the accident, such as damage to your car, we will pursue compensation to help you cover those expenses.
- Medical Expenses: If you have incurred medical expenses as a result of the accident, we will pursue compensation to cover those medical expenses. Our Uber accident attorneys leave out no details when we total your medical costs. They can include therapy services, transportation to appointments, hospital stays and surgeries. We will also pursue compensation that can cover future medical expenses.
- Lost Income: If you are hurt and unable to return to work, we will ask for compensation to replace the income that you lost. We will also pursue compensation for future income you will lose as a result of your injuries.
- Pain and Suffering: If you suffered significant physical trauma due to the Uber accident, we may be able to pursue compensation for your pain and suffering caused by your severe injuries.
- Emotional Distress: Some accidents are so violent that the injuries suffered by victims are very severe. When someone has facial injuries and disfigurement, it impacts their emotional health. Furthermore, victims may have psychological illness, like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that impacts their everyday life. Our Uber accident attorneys have the experience necessary to fully calculate non-economic damages such as these to ensure you get fair compensation for all you suffered as a result of the accident.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are not always available, but if the circumstances of the accident were particularly egregious, we may be able to ask for punitive damages as well.
It is important that you work with experienced attorneys in your Uber accident case. At Wapner Newman, you can rely on our experience, as well as our detailed knowledge of Pennsylvania laws and our skill in both negotiations and litigation. Don’t take chances with your future. You need to be sure you obtain the maximum compensation possible in your case. Count on Wapner Newman’s Uber accident lawyers to get that for you.
Choose expertise. Choose skill. Choose experience. Choose Wapner Newman. Give us a call to schedule your free consultation at (215) 569-0900.
How We Help You
There are several ways that we can help you if you have been involved in an Uber accident:
- We can handle all of the legal paperwork for you, allowing you to focus all of your attention on recovering from your injuries.
- If the insurance company tries to offer you a settlement, we can make sure it is a fair settlement amount, based on the injuries and damages you have suffered.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company representatives if we are not satisfied with their initial offer.
- We can talk to witnesses of the Uber accident and collect medical records and documents that we can use to support your case.
- If legal counsel for Uber or the driver reaches out to you to offer you a settlement, we can negotiate with them to make sure you get a fair offer. When Uber’s lawyers contact you, it is definitely in your best interests to have our Wapner Newman attorneys represent you.
- We can also reach out to expert witnesses who can review your medical records and recreate what happened in the accident.
- We can translate legal jargon so that you have the information you need to make the right decision for your future.
- If negotiations don’t result in a favorable settlement, we will represent you in court. Our Uber accident lawyer is a fierce litigator and will fight hard for your full compensation in a trial.
You need a team that can comprehensively handle everything from start to finish. At Wapner Newman, we are here to do that for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
OUR UBER ACCIDENT LAWYERS ADDRESS COMMON QUESTIONS
A few examples of common questions that people ask us about accidents include those we list below. You will probably have additional questions about your Uber accident case. Our attorneys are ready to help. We want to make sure that all your questions are answered so you can feel confident our team at Wapner Newman will provide you the best legal representation possible.
What Are Some of the Most Common Injuries that People Suffer in Uber Accidents?
There are several examples of injuries that people may suffer if they are involved in an Uber accident. Rideshare accidents are no different than other car accidents. Some of the most common injuries are cuts, scrapes, lacerations, head injuries, back injuries, and broken bones.
What Is the Deadline to File a Lawsuit Following an Uber Accident?
You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania (42 Pa.C.S. § 5524), so be sure to reach out to us as quickly as possible following an Uber accident.
Does Uber Have an Insurance Policy that Can Cover My Expenses?
Yes, Uber has an insurance policy that can cover some of your expenses if you are involved in an accident. This insurance policy can be used to cover your property damage and medical expenses; if you suffer expenses that are beyond the limits of the liability of the insurance company, we may need to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover additional compensation.
Why Do I Need to Hire a Lawyer If I Have Been Involved in an Uber Accident?
You need to hire a lawyer if you have been involved in an Uber accident because you need to make sure you receive a fair settlement offer. There is a chance that lawyers from an insurance company or Uber will reach out to you to offer a settlement, but they will try to get away with offering you as little money as possible. You cannot let them do so, and that is why you need to hire our experienced team to represent you.
Trust Our Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyers from Wapner Newman
If you have been involved in a serious Uber accident, you need to rely on attorneys who can confidently represent you, protect your rights, and defend your interests. At Wapner Newman, we have the necessary knowledge and resources to guide you, and we can make sure that you receive a fair settlement following an Uber accident.
Count on our experienced team to handle your Uber accident case. We can determine who should be held responsible for your accident, whether it’s only the driver or both the driver and the company. If you have to take on Uber and its team of lawyers, you want only the strongest legal team at your side. Count on us to give you that level of representation.
Call our Uber accident attorneys today to schedule your free case consultation at (215) 569-0900.