Chester, PA, Medical Malpractice Lawyer
OUR CHESTER MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER CAN HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS WHEN A DOCTOR, NURSE, OR HOSPITAL MAKES A CRITICAL MISTAKE
Have you suffered the loss of a loved one through the mistakes of a hospital or other healthcare provider? You may have faced painful consequences of the actions or inactions of a medical provider. Working with a Chester medical malpractice lawyer can help you get the compensation owed to you when these challenges occur.
At Wapner Newman, we understand how challenging and difficult these situations are. You may feel like it is out of your control and that your life is ruined, thanks to negligence. Our goal is to protect your rights by fighting to help you secure what you deserve. Let our Chester, PA, medical malpractice attorney guide you through this complicated area of law to protect your rights.
We encourage you to speak to us now. Schedule a FREE consultation to discuss your medical malpractice case in Pennsylvania with our team: (215) 569-0900.
Proving that Negligence Occurred Is the Hard Part
Medical malpractice is a challenging area of the law because it requires you to prove that the provider was negligent in the care provided to you. It is necessary to show that the provider did not meet the standard of care in your situation and that, in doing so, he or she breached or otherwise violated that duty of care, directly causing harm to you.
Standard of care relates to the watchfulness, caution, prudence, and attention that the provider is responsible for ensuring while caring for you. Proving that medical malpractice occurred means taking the time to truly understand the law and using it to ensure you receive the compensation owed to you.
You May Have a Medical Malpractice Case in PA
There are many times when a Chester medical malpractice lawsuit is necessary and the right thing to do to protect your rights and needs. If you are unsure whether you have a case, we want to help you. When you call us, our team will talk to you about what you believe happened and discuss with you, at length, what options you may have in proving your case.
We handle all types of medical malpractice. That includes birth injury malpractice that may have led to your child’s suffering from learning disabilities or cerebral palsy. We also help people facing surgical errors, diagnosis failures, and delayed care. Did a doctor fail to diagnose cancer? Or perhaps they did not follow the standards of care in treating you in an emergency room.
In many situations, the first step is the most important one. Reach out to a legal team that wants to find out what went wrong in your case and make the people responsible for that mistake pay for your losses. Our Chester, PA, medical malpractice attorney is readily available to fight to meet your needs.
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Malpractice Needs?
Our team has years of experience helping individuals from all walks of life to pursue claims against some of the most powerful hospitals and healthcare providers in the area. A medical malpractice case is often more complicated than a personal injury case, which means you need an attorney with specific experience in this area to protect your rights.
We have a track record that shows we know how to get results for our clients in cases like your own. We encourage you to learn more about the average medical malpractice settlement and what we can do for you.
With the help of our medical malpractice attorneys in Chester, PA, we will work to:
- Investigate the circumstances that led to your injury or illness
- Determine who was responsible for the losses you suffered
- Use case law and other resources to determine how much you are owed based on your complex and long-term losses
- Build your case using witness statements, medical records, and expert testimony
- Deal directly with healthcare providers and insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight for the compensation available through settlement or in court, if necessary.
Throughout the entire process, our Chester medical malpractice lawyer will keep you informed of what is occurring, what you need to do, and what you can expect. You can depend on our team at Wapner Newman to be aggressive in pursuing the compensation owed to you.
How Difficult Is It to Prove Your Medical Malpractice Case?
There are challenges to filing and succeeding at a medical malpractice case. Often, the burden of proof rests on your shoulders. When filing a Chester medical malpractice lawsuit, our goal will always be to gather as much information as possible to do this.
In order to prove your case, you must prove:
- There is the expectation of a doctor-patient relationship, which means the patient agreed to be treated, and the doctor agreed to treat.
- The doctor or other healthcare provider caused the injury, which may require getting a medical expert’s opinion.
- The injury caused damages to you, meaning you have to show that the injury was directly responsible for some loss, such as additional medical expenses, lost income, or pain and suffering.
- The doctor was negligent in their actions or inactions, which means showing the doctor caused the injury by acting in a way that is not what a competent doctor would act.
While it can seem hard to prove this, our legal team has expensive experience doing just that. When you use our medical malpractice attorneys in Chester, PA, you can expect outstanding care and attention to your needs as well as resources to support you as we work to build your long-term outcome.
Why Should You Pursue a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Sometimes it seems easier to just move on and leave the pain of what happened behind you. That could be the biggest mistake of your life. With the help of medical malpractice lawyers in Chester, PA, you can show that you deserve compensation for those losses. More so, you may need the financial help after what you suffered. Many people receive compensation to help cover their losses, including:
- Costs for additional medication, medical care, surgical procedures, and long-term rehab necessary because of the negligence of the medical provider
- Loss of income not just from the incident but any income you may not receive in the years ahead due to your loss of ability to work or earn what you were earning
- Ongoing care needs, including support at home due to the losses and medical limitations you now have
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering you and your family endured as a result of what occurred.
Avoid speaking to insurance companies or other attorneys working on behalf of the medical provider. Instead, hire an attorney who can work closely with you to understand your case and create a clear path forward.
If you do not do anything about what happened to you, it could impact you, your family, and other victims for years to come. Instead, contact us now to discuss your case by calling (267) 281-5624 for a free consultation.
Chester Medical Malpractice Lawyer Frequently Asked Questions
It’s not uncommon to have questions about your legal rights after medical malpractice occurs. Here are some frequently asked questions on the topic.
Contact Our Chester, PA, Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today to Get Started
Discuss your case with a Chester, PA, medical malpractice attorney to learn more about your legal rights and options. Set up a free consultation with Wapner Newman by calling (215) 569-0900.