Building Your Burn Injury Case
Burns can extend deeper than the skin, potentially causing serious damage to organs and tissue within the body. If you’ve been in an accident and suffered severe burns, a Philadelphia burn injury attorney can help you pursue compensation to offset the medical, economic and other costs of your injuries.
To begin building an effective case, please call the dedicated Philadelphia burn injury attorneys at Wapner Newman today at 1-800-LAW-6600 (1-800-529-6600).
Causes of Burn Injuries
Severe burns can be caused by a wide variety of traumatic events, leading to far-reaching consequences for the victims. Our attorneys represent clients who have suffered burn injuries from incidents like:
- Structure fires, including homes, apartments and commercial and public buildings
- Electrical fires
- Auto accidents
- Defective products
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Steam or scalding water
- Construction accidents or industrial accidents
- Misuse of medical equipment, such as X-ray technology or radiation therapy devices
The type of symptoms you might experience can vary based on the type of burn, which part of the body is affected and how deeply the burn penetrates the skin.
Burn Injury Complications
Unfortunately, recovery from a burn injury can extend beyond the initial emergency treatment you receive. Some burn victims struggle with long-term complications:
- Physical disability, including decreased mobility and loss of function within the limbs
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Increased susceptibility to infection
- Breathing issues, if you inhaled smoke or chemical fumes
- Brain damage caused by loss of oxygen flow or electric shock
- Diminished quality of life
<2>Your Burn Injury Case
The attorneys at Wapner Newman take burn injury cases seriously, and recognize that you could face complications long after the initial incident. During your consultation, we will discuss the physical, emotional and financial impact burn injuries might have on you and your family and help you begin building a case against the party responsible for your injuries.
To make a strong claim on your behalf, our burn injury attorneys will assess multiple aspects of the incident that caused your injuries, such as:
- Your medical records, including reports on emergency treatment, hospital care, surgeries, etc.
- Expert medical evaluations of future procedures and rehabilitation you might have to undergo to facilitate your recovery
- Fire and police department reports
- Accident scene photos
- Expert testimony from safety inspectors and other professionals determining the cause of the accident
After reviewing aspects of your case, our attorneys will be able to guide you through each step of your claim and help determine what types of damages you might be able to recover.
To schedule your free initial consultation with one of our experienced Philadelphia burn injury attorneys, please contact Wapner Newman or call 1-800-LAW-6600 (1-800-529-6600) today. Our firm is proud to represent clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.